- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibules to be pegged, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, but keep the weight very low.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes
Images below are of previous version of the Jannu. Changes since version pictured below include, 2 mm guyline, lighter weight line runners, Spectra-blend guy lines and Reflectors. Click the photos to see more
The Hilleberg Jannu is pictured at left with a 5'11" model. The Jannu is an exoskeleton tent that is set up with the poles in the outer tent (fly).The inner tent is attached to the fly on the inside. Tent is pictured at left in this full set-up, with the inner tent and fly set up as one unit. The vent cover of the outer tent can also be seen in this photo, which protects the vent on the outer and inner tent.
View of the interior of the Jannu inner tent with fabric door open and 2 Therm-a-Rest Starndard Long sleeping pads inside.