30-Day Money-Back Return Policy
- An in-person inspection
- The aim is to allow you to inspect the item as you would in a store. Please assess your merchandise indoors on a clean surface and retain all of the packaging materials until you are sure you will keep the item. Items are not to be returned after "field testing."
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase of any items listed in our web catalog, you may returned the item in new condition for a refund or exchange up to 30 days after receiving your merchandise.
- Due to safety concerns we do not accept returns on first aid kits, water filters or climbing equipment.
Christmas gifts purchased after Nov 1 can be returned/exchanged through Jan 15.
- Call/email for a Returned Merchandise Authorization number prior to shipping
any returned items. RMA numbers are valid for 14 days after they are issued.
- All returned items must be in new condition. Please neatly fold tents and clothing. Be sure that no grass, dirt or pet hair is on the returned item. If items are returned unfolded or or with signs of household dirt, you will be charged a reasonable cleaning fee.
- Bonus items
- Any bonus items included with the purchase can either be returned in new condition or kept. If you keep them, the price of the items will be deducted from your return reimbursement.
- Insure returned items at value of purchase price.
- Return shipping address
722 West Craig Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
- Return shipping method and costs
- Ship by a method that will deliver the item to Moontrail within
10 days. The Postal Service is the least expensive method for items with a
ship weight less than 2 lbs and generally costs less than $6. UPS Ground is
the least expensive method for items with a ship weight over 2 lbs and costs
$7-$12 for most items we carry. The Postal Service charges nearly twice as
much as UPS for items with a ship weight over 6 lbs.
- When the returned merchandise arrives at Moontrail, your credit
card will be credited for the merchandise charge. If you ship back an item
that was shipped to you by a standard free-shipping method, you will receive
a full refund for the entire purchase. Shipping charges are not
- Refused shipments
- If you order an item, then refuse it when delivery is attempted, the shipping cost will be deducted from your return credit. An item is considered "refused" when you do not open the box and the carrier returns the item to us at no cost to you.
- Special order items
- Special-order items that are not listed in our web catalog are subject to a 10% return fee and shipping charges. The shipping charges deducted from your return credit typically amount to $5-10. You also pay return shipping charges. Before you special-order an item, we can tell you exactly what the shipping charges will be on returned special-order items.