Created for alpine, ice and expedition climbing, the Alpha IS is the single-layer solution for severe alpine environments. The GORE-TEX® outer delivers durable waterproof, windproof, breathable protection. Thermatek™, a DWR treated continuous filament synthetic, insulates without absorbing moisture. The combination results in a jacket providing comprehensive weather and thermal protection at a weight 18% lighter than the equivalent midlayer and hardshell system.
Lightweight, minimalist climbing and alpinism products that protect from alpine environments.
Thermally insulated products that provide efficient warmth and protection from the elements.
ALPINISM AND CLIMBING
Climbing equipment designed for efficient movement and protection in alpine environments.
Waterproof, windproof and breathable textiles that offer fully protective environmental shelter.
- Highly breathable—maintains comfort during aerobic activity
- Highly durable
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Additional layer of Coreloft™ Continuous 65 insulation for additional warmth
- Highly hydrophobic DWR treated ThermaTek™ synthetic insulation
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™ with custom Cohaesvie™ cordlock adjusters
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Full length Vislon No Slip Zip™ front zipper
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Cohaesive™ hem adjusters function as Hemlock™ to prevent jacket from slipping out from under a climbing harness
- Internal chest pocket with zip
- Two insulated hand pockets with zippers
- Internal dump pocket
- Stuff sack included