*Montbell does not recommend users referencing the extreme rating
for general use
UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3
- Super Spiral Stretch System
- Multi-Tube Construction with Flow Gate technology
- Draw cord for face hole adjustment
- 67 in. mating right & left hand zippers
- Auto Locking Zipper to limit zipper “slip” during the
- Single insulated zipper draft tube
- Tapered, bias stretch stuff sack for easier packing
- Cotton storage sack included
Images below are of the older 2011 version. The 2012 version has a slightly
larger fill weight and over-all weight and now has EN Temp ratings. The bottom
of the 2012 version is now black as well. All other general features including
user height, girths, stuffed size and materials are the same in 2011 and
|UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3 with zipper fully
||UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3 regular with 5" 11" model.
The bag features the Spiral Stretch System which by integrating a woven
fabric “cut on the bias” and orienting the fabric’s warp
and weft threads at 45 degrees to major seam lines the sleeping bag becomes
more fluid or elastic in nature, resulting in a flexible bag.
|The hood features a draw cord for face hole adjustment.
||Top of zipper closure features a velcro tab to
keep zipper locked in place.
|Two-way zipper can be opened from the bottom to
provide ventilation. Auto Locking Zipper has been integrated to limit zipper “slip” during
||Regular sized UL Super Spiral Down Hugger #3
stuff sack which measures 5.5" x 10.9". Pictured with a gallon
jug filled to 1.25" which weighs the same as the bag in it's stuff sack