- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for one occupant and his or her gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Basic pitching requires only four pegs in the head and foot end guy lines, and the simple, single-opening, continuous pole sleeve and tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable. (note: pegging out the four corners provides optimal floor space, venting and overall tent function and is highly recommended.)
- The single entrance/single vestibule configuration affords easy access as well as storage space.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately)
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes
Images below are of the pre-2006 model. Click the photos to see more
The inner tent can be set up separately to be used in warmer conditions. To set up the inner tent of the Unna separately, you need 4 pole holders (sold separately) The pole is run through the elastic suspension loops that normally attaches the inner tent to the outer tent.
Image to the left shows the outer tent of the Akto set up without the inner tent. Outer tent can be used as a lightweight shelter or sunshade.
Image at left shows a model holding the packed Hilleberg Akto tent with all of its accessories in one hand. In the other hand is a standard 1 gallon jug filled 3" with water (which weighs the same as the packed Akto with all accessories)..