Light, packable and durable, the Sphene delivers features and GORE-TEX® Pro protection required for backcountry ski and snowboard tours, but weighs a mere 430 grams. The helmet compatible StormHood™ provides full coverage while maintaining peripheral vision, and the smartly designed powder skirt helps seal out snow. Pockets are simple and smart, WaterTight™ zippers won’t accumulate snow, and the Cohaesive® cordlocks are streamlined and efficient.
SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING
Designed with specific snowsports features for efficient protection, layering and movement.
Waterproof, windproof and breathable textiles that offer fully protective environmental shelter.
Impervious to penetration by water molecules, these materials provide shelter and protection.
Impervious to wind and offers significant weather resistance with lighter weight protection.
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated brim
- Cohaesive™ hood adjustments for ease of use with mittens or gloves
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Micro webbing zipper pulls
- Angled pit zippers for easy venting and ease acess while wearing a pack
- RS™ (Rain Shield) pocket zipper sliders
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Cohaesive™ hem adjustments for ease of use with mittens or gloves
- Internal chest pocket
- Internal mesh dump pocket
- Left hand outer pocket contains integrated pass holder
- Note: Arc'teryx's WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Powder skirt with gripper elastic and snap closure
- Hidden Recco® reflector