Creative, intelligent design and Arc’teryx footwear technologies come together in a unique approach shoe designed for bouldering, single pitch outdoor climbing, and quick routes on the gym wall. Truly functional on technical terrain, the Arakys has a distinctive one hand closure and memory buckle feature that allows for fast, easy removal efficient shifts from climb to belay. A collapsible heel turns the shoe into a comfortable belay slipper. The leather footbed is barefoot friendly, and the air permeable laminated upper is comfortable in summer conditions.
ADAPTIVE FIT LITE
Taking Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit technology and using an exclusive lamination process that integrates it with the seamless one piece upper created a construction that layers protection and support over a stretchable liner. This integration reduces weight and volume while providing a zonal adaptive fit in key areas of the shoe. By forming to the foot, Adaptive Fit Lite helps eliminate hot spots, reduces break in time and provides improved security and support. The fit also helps seal out debris and increases air permeability for better comfort in warm, dry conditions.
The specially developed outsole is light, supportive and sticky. The tread pattern provides security on the trail and features elements that deliver performance while climbing or bouldering. It uses the Vibram® Megagrip compound for superior grip on wet and dry surfaces, a high level of durability, and a blend of flexibility and rigidity that delivers sure footedness on quick climbs and long approaches.
- Air permeable
- Collapsible heel allows shoe to be worn as a camp and belay slipper
- One hand closure with memory buckle is secure and easy to engage and release
- Leather footbed provides barefoot comfort
- Vibram® MegaGrip rubber compound is durable and grippy
- Vibram® Arc'teryx Light Approach Outsole combines climbing and trail performance
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Laminated heel and toe caps secure fit and and deliver precision support
- Seamless one piece upper with thermolaminated construction is highly abrasion resistant, durable, light and hydrophobic
- Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit Lite employs a zonal stretch liner that forms to key areas of the foot for a customized, supportive fit