The Alpha SV was created to address the need for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness and withstand the severity of alpine terrain and climate conditions. Hardwearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV was introduced in 1998 and quickly became an icon. It still stands as an essential hardshell for any serious alpine, rock or ice climber willing to brave extreme conditions.
Constructed from N80p-X , a face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket delivers exceptional durability, yet is supple and resilient. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the fabric utilizes larger yarns that are very tightly woven to create a smooth but highly abrasion resistant surface.
Arc'teryx constantly refines their designs, seeking the most effective answers to unforgiving environments and technical problems. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the Alpha SV delivers essential, focused features. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs, and the helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face. Removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness and WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
Arc’teryx e3D patterning provides enhanced mobility with a precise, clean, use specific fit that doesn’t sacrifice coverage. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but accommodates layers, and the Arc’teryx commitment to ergonomic freedom, especially vital while climbing, is a key aspect of the Alpha SV’s legendary performance.
Helmet Compatible Stormhood™
The Arc'teryx helmet compatible Stormhood™ is designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. The laminated brim and hood adjusters secure tightly and deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility.
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood cinch cords
- Tall collar for full coverage
Harness HemLock™ Insert
The Arc'teryx Harness HemLock™ insert is designed to keep your jacket from riding up when wearing a climbing harness. The foam insert can be removed when not needed.
- Functional — keeps jacket in place when worn under a climbing harness
Arc'teryx pioneered the now industry standard WaterTight™ zipper to seal out wind and weather, and Zipper Garages that provide additional protection from rain and snow.
- WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather
- Zipper garages provide additional protection
- Durable and easy to use
- Highly durable
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- GORE-TEX® Pro three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated brim
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Drop back hem
- Laminated hem
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Note: Arc'Teryx WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability