The Alpha AR Pant hits the sweet spot where light weight, packability, durability and exceptional weather protection come together. The GORE-TEX® Pro N80p-X body combines hardwearing performance and superior breathability with outstanding rain and snow protection. A heavier duty N155p-X material is used where reinforcement is necessary. The Regular fit is streamlined, but leaves room for layering. The Alpha AR Pant combines all-round alpine performance and protection with design and features geared specifically for the demands of climbing.
HARDWIRED FOR CLIMBERS
Streamlined and purpose focused minimalist design includes specific features that are hardwired for climbing. Arc’teryx Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning crafts the shapes of the parts in key joint areas for an added level of use-specific articulation. A unique internal LegWrap™ streamlines the cuff to minimize crampon snags when walking and is removeable when not needed. WaterTight™ side zips add ventilation, highly abrasion resistant Keprotec™ material protects the insteps, removable suspenders add security, and the thoughtfully designed waist belt has a low profile that fits perfectly under climbing harnesses and pack hip belts.
GORE-TEX® Pro N80p-X fabric has a dense construction that minimizes the exposure of yarns to abrasive contact, reducing damage to filaments and maintaining surface integrity. Engineered for high impact and abrasion resistance, the N155p-X GORE-TEX® Pro fabric plies together multiple yarns in an Ottoman weave for maximum density, ruggedness and durability. These fabrics are more difficult to construct, but provide an exceptional durability and an ideal weight-to-strength ratio. Choosing the right material and the right construction is a cornerstone of the Arc’teryx commitment to craftsmanship.
Lightweight, minimalist climbing and alpinism products that protect from alpine environments.
High performance weather protection and materials, emphasizing versatility for multiple activities.
ALPINISM AND CLIMBING
Climbing equipment designed for efficient movement and protection in alpine environments.
Waterproof, windproof and breathable textiles that offer fully protective environmental shelter.
- Highly durable
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction delivers complete weather protection
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Combining several GORE-TEX® fabrics enhance functionality and performance
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated knees and seat
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and freedom of movement
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Side zippers stop below harness/ hipbelt area
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ 3/4 length two-way leg zippers
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Adjustable pant cuffs with lace hook
- Removable internal Leg Wrap™ reduces crampon snag
- Removable low profile suspenders
- Adjustable integrated belt
- Low-profile waist belt minimizes bulk, and fits comfortably under harnesses and hip belts
- Thigh pocket sits just below a climbing harness
- Thigh pocket with zip
- Note: Arc'teryx' WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Keprotec™ instep patches provide superior protection against damage by boots, crampons and ski edges
- Reinforced high wear areas