The Alpha AR is a versatile, intelligently designed hardshell that performs across a range of alpine conditions. Light, durable N40p-X 3L GORE-TEX® Pro delivers durable waterproof, windproof, breathable performance. Burly N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro reinforces high wear areas. The helmet compatible StormHood™ delivers full protection with minimal impact on vision and secures with glove-friendly Cohaesive™ cordlocks. Large crossover chest pockets are easily accessed, and pit zips add ventilation.
Lightweight, minimalist climbing and alpinism products that protect from alpine environments.
High performance weather protection and materials, emphasizing versatility for multiple activities.
ALPINISM AND CLIMBING
Climbing equipment designed for efficient movement and protection in alpine environments.
Waterproof, windproof and breathable textiles that offer fully protective environmental shelter.
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Strategically placed narrow GORE® seam tape (8mm width)
- Arc'teryx Nu water repellent treatment
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Cohaesive™ hood adjustments for ease of use with mittens or gloves
- Laminated chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Cohaesive™ hem adjusters function as Hemlock™ to prevent jacket from slipping out from under a climbing harness
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with WaterTight™ zips
- Internal zippered pocket
- Note: Arc'teryx's WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Reinforced hood, shoulders and forearms